MENTORING AND POST GRADUATE PRACTICE
With over 30 years of practice, 25 years teaching, and 12 years of teacher training experience including mentoring, Flo is now a registered mentor with Yoga Australia. Mentoring is a required part of many teacher trainings. You can use these sessions towards the mentoring hours required to complete your Level 1 or 2 registered Yoga Australia teacher training. Or, as a post graduate student, deepen your expertise, answer questions, and gain required CPD points as a registered Yoga Australia teacher.
I specialise in;
- Teaching of asana in intelligent steps-modifying asanas, use of props, adjusting skills
- Teaching of pranayama-progression, working with prana in asana, pranayama practice yoga as therapy
- Meditation techniques Yoga Nidra-practice, mantra practice
- I am happy to do either open or curriculum-based sessions.
Mentoring sessions can take many forms;
- Small group classes are offered to Post Graduate students in which we practice together, enhance our asana and pranayama, refresh our prop use and teaching techniques, and afterwards discuss the practice with time for questions.
- Private sessions of a practical nature which can focus on anything that you are having difficulty with in teaching or in practice
- Private sessions (face to face or via zoom, phone or email) which may be simply to ask questions and receive ideas about any issues that may have come up as a teacher
- Assisting in classes or on retreats where you get ‘on the job’ training.
POST GRADUATE PRACTICE AND MENTORING SESSIONS
Small group classes for Post Graduate students. Refresh your practice , enhance your asana and pranayama, revise your prop use and teaching techniques, and afterwards discuss the practice, and any other issues coming up regarding teaching and/or practice!
Bookings are required. Please email to find out the next available session time.
Suffolk Park -address supplied on request.
Cost-$35.00 in person
$25.00- Live online or receive recorded practice and discussion after the event.
Next Practice; Wednesday November 26th 8.30-11.45am AEDT
The Pancha Kosha Series
Manomaya Kosha Practice. Utilising the yogic tools of mental relaxation to still the chatter of the surface mind, mental concentration to increase the mind’s ability to focus at will, and witnessing to understand the habit patterns of the mind (our samskaras, so that they have less power to cause a knee jerk reaction) and to understand how the 4 parts of the mind interact. Ultimately, ‘quietening’ the lower mind in order to ‘hear’ the higher mind, buddhi.
- Private practical face to face sessions-$100.00 per hour, 1 hour minimum
- Private discussion sessions-$100.00 per hour face to face or via zoom or $60.00 per hour by telephone or email (half an hour minimum charged).
- Assisting in classes or on retreats-$30.00 per hour
- Small group Post Graduate Practice and Discussion sessions-$35.00 per 3.5 hour session in person or $25.00 live stream or recorded class.
OR FOR BOOKINGS CALL FLO ON 0418 441 437 OR EMAIL FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
Beachside Suffolk Park-address supplied on booking.