With over 20 years of teaching experience and over 10 years of teacher training experience including mentoring, Flo is now a registered mentor with Yoga Australia. Mentoring is a required part of many teacher trainings. You can use these sessions towards the mentoring hours required to complete your Level 1 or 2 registered Yoga Australia teacher training. Or, as a post graduate student, deepen your expertise, answer questions, and gain required CPD points as a registered Yoga Australia teacher.
I specialise in;
- Teaching of asana in intelligent steps-modifying asanas, use of props, adjusting skills
- Teaching of pranayama-progression, working with prana in asana, pranayama practice yoga as therapy
- Meditation techniques Yoga Nidra-practice, mantra practice
- I am happy to do either open or curriculum-based sessions.
Mentoring sessions can take many forms;
- Small group classes are offered to Post Graduate students in which we practice together, enhance our asana and pranayama, refresh our prop use and teaching techniques, and afterwards discuss the practice with time for questions.
- Private sessions of a practical nature which can focus on anything that you are having difficulty with in teaching or in practice
- Private sessions (face to face or via phone or email) which may be simply to ask questions and receive ideas about any issues that may have come up as a teacher
- Assisting in classes or on retreats where you get ‘on the job’ training.